6.27.2005

Pride and Geeks

I went to SF on Sunday for NetBeans Day. Its a free event and part of JavaOne 2005. I haven't really used Java much lately, and I've never used NetBeans, so I figured I check it out. NetBeans is a free, open source IDE from Sun. They were giving away free NetBeans books, free USB drives, and a free lunch and drinks, so how can I resist. Plus, they had free T-shirts, and even free beer and wine afterwards. I'm sorry to say, but no geek can resist free stuff. The only thing I didn't get is a free pass to the JavaOne conference. I don't have the money for it, and I didn't win one of the five free pass they raffled.

By some coincidence, the Pride Parade was also Sunday. I checked it out, but I only saw the beginning part (the dykes on bikes) since I had to rush to the NetBeans thingi to get my free stuff.

Anyways, below are pics from Sunday.

Tinky Winky

Naked man on a bike

Tricycle

Dykes on Bikes

Rainbow


James Gosling, the father of Java

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home