1.11.2006

Random Thoughts

Jimmy Carter
About a month ago a friend told me to check out Jimmy Carter's book, Our Endangered Values. It wasn't available in the library at that time. But last week, they finally got it. I'm on the wait list for the book, but I noticed the list for the CD version is shorter so I added myself to that list as well. I finally got the CDs yesterday. I listened to the first CD and I'm surprised by what he said.

One thing I didn't know is the fact that Carter is an Evangelical Baptist. In today's America, where religious psychos like Pat Robertson, Ralph Reed and Jerry Falwell continue to erode the separation of church and state through the GOP, it's nice to know that there are religious people out there who still believe that politics and religion do not mix.

Arnold
I can't help but comment about Arnold. It's an election year, so it's no surprise he decided to distance himself from the Republicans. Last thing he wants to be is like his friend Jessie "The Body" Ventura. The other steroid freak who became governor and accomplished nothing. Anyways, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw Arnold's face after his bike accident. The fact that he doesn't have a bike license doesn't really bother me. He knows how to ride a bike. The guy he hit should be thankful Arnold wasn't riding one his ten Hummers, or he would have shred the guy's car into pieces.

Amazon.com
I got my electric keyboard from Amazon today. I was going to buy it from Costco's website, but amazon didn't charge tax and they even gave me free 2-Day shipping. I actually got it in one day. It came from their warehouse near Reno. Since I have never took any piano lesson, this should keep me busy for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home